SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
Nov. 4th, 2012
4-ego listopada, 2012
MASS INTENTIONS & MASS SCHEDULE
INTENCJE MSZALNE I PLAN MSZY
NOVEMBER 3 SATURDAY / SOBOTA
4 PM Stella Waida req. by The Bak Family
Ian Moore req. by the Schaal Family
NOVEMBER 4 SUNDAY / NIEDZIELA
9:00 Edward & Lillian Wasilewski req. by John Wasilewski
10:30 Living & Deceased Members of Rosary Society
NOVEMBER 5 MONDAY / PONIEDZIALEK
9:00 No morning Mass
NOVEMBER 6 TUESDAY / WTOREK
9:00 No morning Mass
NOVEMBER 7 WEDNESDAY / SRODA
9:00 Joseph Gorski req. by Blanche Bartoseck
NOVEMBER 8 THURSDAY/ CZWARTEK ALL SAINTS
9:00 All Souls
NOVEMBER 9 FRIDAY / PIATEK
9:00 Stella & Anthony Kaminski req. by Son, Richard
NOVEMBER 10 SATURDAY / SOBOTA
4 PM All Souls
NOVEMBER 11 SUNDAY / NIEDZIELA
9:00 Eugenia Charko req. by Maria & Eugeniusz
10:30 Mass for the Deceased Parishioners & Benefactors
Matthew Wojtkowiak req. by Connie Wilke
Sanctuary Lamp in memory of Czeslaw Maksimowicz req. by The Radon Family
If you are ill and wish to be added to the sick list please call the rectory.
We ask God’s blessing for the strengthening & healing of our sick & homebound. Please pray for: Helen Kwoka, Christian Clopp, Michelle Zaremba, Harry Corn, Kazimiera Olejnik, Eleanor Tureck, Walter Lyskiewicz, Ira & Betty Whittle, Baby John Harshaw III, Ted Balabuch and his Daughter Kristen Balabuch, Helen Gardygajlo, Kathy Dominik, Irene Talarowski, Jeanette Dudek, Richard Jaskiewicz
Please pray for the Deceased & their Families: Genevieve Hajduk, Daniel Ciechanowski, Helen Nichols, Joseph Gorski, Ronald Banasiak, T. Soltys, Frank Kwoka,
Christos Kolioutas, Blanche Vogt, Barbara H.Thomas.
Have you ever had someone end a relationship with you because of a mistake you made or something you did wrong? It’s a terrible feeling to lose someone’s love. Fortunately, God’s love doesn’t depend on how good we are. Remember the parable Jesus told of the prodigal son (Luke 15)? No matter what the son’s transgressions, the father received him in complete love. That’s how God feels about us. Think of God’s love as the light from the sun – it’s so bright we can’t comprehend it. Sometimes we close our eyes or pull the curtains to keep the light from coming in. It is still there, but we can’t experience it because we have shut it out. Sin shuts our hearts to God’s love. To help, Jesus created the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Receiving absolution and being assured of God’s forgiveness opens our shuttered hearts so we can feel God’s love again. So whether or not we feel loved by God is up to us. All we have to do is ask.
Prayer is raising our hearts and minds to God, so we actually don’t pray to saints. However, we know that saints are people who lived lives of extraordinary virtue on Earth and are rewarded by being in Heaven with God. So we ask for their intercession when we need it or for their help to get to Heaven, too. Recently, Timothy Cardinal Dolan put it this way, “In prayer, we always go to Jesus. Sometimes we bring friends with us.”
Saints Day (Nov. 1) and pray for our loved ones and souls in Purgatory on All Souls Day (Nov. 2).
Nov. 11 - St. Martin of Tours (397). St. Martin was forced to join the army at the age of 15 in what is now Hungary but left to become a priest. He founded a monastery near Poitiers, France, and later became bishop of Tours.
Nov. 17 – St. Elizabeth of Hungary (1231). The daughter of the King of Hungary, Elizabeth chose a life of penance and service. Married at the age of 14, her beloved husband was killed after only six years of marriage. She joined the Secular Franciscan Order and spent the last years of her life caring for the poor.
Nov. 25 – Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ the King. God promised his people a king who would be triumphant over their enemies. Jesus is our King. In Baptism and Confirmation, we are brought under his kingship.
Anniversary Pewter Ornament AVAILABLE
Saint Joseph’s History Society of South Camden proudly offers a 120th Anniversary pewter ornament for only $20. Ornaments can be purchased in church following the 10:30 AM Mass each Sunday.
Holiday Shopping Spree Raffle
The Sacred Heart Society is sponsoring the Holiday Shopping Spree Raffle for chances to win a Visa Gift Card. 1st Prize - $200; 2nd Prize - $150; and 3rd Prize - $100. Tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5 and will be available after Masses and at the rectory. The drawing will be held on Sun. November 18, 2012 after the 10:30 Mass. Please consider taking a few extra tickets to distribute with other family members, friends and co-workers. Thank you for your support.
1. Parish Breakfast—The next parish breakfast is scheduled for Nov. 11 after Masses.
2. Sniadanie parafialne—Nastepne planowane sniadanie odbedzie sie w dniu 11-ego listopada po Mszach Sw.
3. The Auxiliary of St. Mary’s Catholic Homes in Cherry Hill, NJ, is looking to expand its membership. The Auxiliary meets on the third Tuesday of each month, September through May for short meeting and luncheon. It is the goal and purpose of the Auxiliary to raise funds to be used for the comfort and entertainment of those who reside in the Nursing Home & Manor. It is a truly rewarding experience! Won’t you join us? Contact Anne Kennedy at 856-663-3716.
4. The Commemoration of all the Faithful Departed (All Souls) is coming up. We will hold nine Masses for All Souls. If you wish to remember, at all the Masses a deceased loved one, there are envelopes available by the door. Please take one, fill in a name of a person to be remembered and return the envelope before All Souls.
5. W miesiacu listopadzie odbedzie sie 9 Mszy za Wszystkich Zmarlych. Prosimy o wpisywanie intencji na specjalnych kopertach “All Souls”, ktore otrzymaliscie panstwo poczta, i ktore dostepne sa w Kosciele przy drzwiach od ulicy Liberty. Prosimy o zwrot kopert poprzez wrzucenie ich do kosza na ofiare podczas Mszy Sw. lub poczta.
6. On Nov. 11 at 10:30 we will celebrate a Mass for all those burried from our church last year. Please come and join us.
7. W dniu 11-ego listopada o godz. 10:30 odbedzie sie Msza Swieta za wszystkich zmarlych pochowanych z naszego Kosciola w ciagu roku. Serdecznie zapraszamy parafian, bliskich zmarlych i przyjaciol do uczestnictwa.
8. Parish Council & Restoration Committee are meeting on Nov. 8 at 7 pm.
9. Rada Parafialna oraz Komitet Restauracyjny kosciola spotykaja sie 8-ego listopada o godz. 19.00.
10. Reminder—the rosary will be said before 10:30 Mass on Nov. 4th.
11. Przypominamy—w dniu 4-ego listopada zostanie odmowiony rozaniec przed Msza Sw. o godz. 10:30.
12. Reminder –on Nov. 4th will have a yearly Mass for All Souls at Cemetery in Chews Landing at 1PM.
13. PrzypominamyW dniu 4-ego listopada odbedzie sie doroczna Msza Sw. za Dusze Zmarlych na naszym cementarzu w Chews Landing o godz. 13.00.