Seventh Sunday of Easter
May 12th, 2013
12-ego maja, 2013
INTENCJE MSZALNE I PLAN MSZY
MAY 11 SATURDAY / SOBOTA
4 PM Anna Blake req. by Betty Blake
Mary and David Hughes req. by the Bryant Family
9:00 Irena Szczech, and Gloria Allen req. by Children
Henrietta M. Krok req. by Mary Judith Krok
10:30 William & Helen Uecker req. by John Uecker
MAY 13 MONDAY / PONIEDZIALEK
9:00 No morning Mass
MAY 14 TUESDAY / WTOREK
9:00 No morning Mass
MAY 15 WEDNESDAY / SRODA
9:00 Living & Deceased Members of Rosary Society
Magdalena & Ignatius Kowalczyk Anniversary req. by Betty Blake
MAY 16 THURSDAY / CZWARTEK
9:00 Stanley Krygiel req. by Mr. and Mrs. Gene Krygiel
MAY 17 FRIDAY / PIATEK
9:00 Frank Kwoka req. by Helen Kwoka
MAY 18 SATURDAY / SOBOTA
4 PM Fr. Charles Becker Anniversary req. by Betty Blake
Alfreda Kawczynski req. by Mary Judith Krok
Fred and Laura Jablonski req. by their daughter Lorraine Jablonski
MAY 19 SUNDAY / NIEDZIELA
9:00 Milosierdziu Bozemu polacamy dusze zmarlych proszac dla Nich o wieczna radosc, dla Agnieszki i Wojciecha Piszczek, Marii, Wincentego, Zofii, Jozefa, Ludwika, Stanislawa i Wladyslawa Ligas na prosbe Genowefy i Stanislawa Piszczek.
10:30 Arthur & Stephany Savage req. by John Uecker
Armed Forces requested by History Society
Sanctuary Lamp In memory of Stanislawa and Mieczyslaw Zebrowski
If you are ill and wish to be added to the sick list please call the rectory.
We ask God’s blessing for the strengthening & healing of our sick & homebound. Please pray for: Christian Clopp, Harry Corn, Kazimiera Olejnik, Eleanor Tureck, Walter Lyskiewicz, Ira & Betty Whittle, Baby John Harshaw III, Ted Balabuch and his Daughter Kristen Balabuch, Helen Gardygajlo, Irene Talarowski, Jeanette Dudek, Joseph Wilke, Lorraine Jablonski, Doris Wood.
Please pray for the Deceased & their Families: Blanche Vogt, Jeannette S. “Jean” Palczewski, Dolores Webb, Helen Walczak, Helen Kwoka, Zbigniew Domzall, Helen Starr, Mieczyslaw Szczech, John Lack, Stanley Jaskiewicz, Lucille Szwack, Maryann Gardygajlo, Rita Kryza, Stanley Zandlo, Barbara H. Thomas.
House of Charity Annual Bishop Appeal Campaign has begun. We thank you in advance for all your efforts to make this a successful endeavor as we strive to help those who are less fortunate than us. Our goal this year is $13,000. We are asking everyone to please support this goal generously. Thank you.
· Stand Down of South Jersey—As in the past, Saint Joseph’s History Society is supporting Stand Down of South Jersey in assisting homeless veterans. The Stand Down currently needs new men’s underwear (all sizes), gently used sweaters and winter coats. The clothing collection box will be in the vestibule from April 21 through June 2. Monetary contributions are also welcome. Checks can be made payable to Stand Down of South Jersey, INC. and placed in the collection basket during Mass.
· Mass honoring our Armed Forces - On May 19, 2013, our 10:30 AM Mass will be celebrated in honor of Armed Forces Day. We encourage you to bring to this Mass current and former members of the military. By each door you will find forms on which you may list the names of friends and family members currently serving. The forms can be dropped in the collection basket. Names may also be emailed to email@example.com by May 12. Please include “Armed Forces Day” in the subject line. Prayers will be offered for those named during the Mass. After Mass, Saint Joseph’s History Society invites everyone to the Parish Hall for light refreshments and to visit the History Room for current exhibits. This Mass will be held in addition to our annual Memorial Day Mass at the cemetery.
· Parish Council is meeting on Thursday, May 9th, 2013 at 7 PM in a Senior Center.
· Rada Parafialna spotyka sie w czwartek 9-ego maja 2013 o godz. 19.00 w Senior Center.
· Sunday May 12th, we are celebrating that special day of Mother’s Day. If you wish to remember, at all the Masses that weekend, a living or deceased Mother, there are envelopes available by the door. Please take one, fill in name of person to be remembered and return them before Mother’s Day.
· W dniu 12 maja obchodzony jest Dzien Matki. Jezeli chcecie pantwo, w szczegolny sposob uczcic swoja zyjaca lub zmarla matke prosimy o wpisanie jej imienia i nazwiska na kopertach dostepnych przy wyjsciu z kosciola i zwrocenie do kosciola.
· Memorial Mass will be celebrated at St. Joseph’s Cemetery in Chews Landing on May 27, 2013 at 10AM.
Msza z okazji Dnia Pamieci odbedzie sie na cmentarzu w Chews Landing w dniu 27-ego maja o godz. 10.00.
W niedziele 19-ego maja, o godz. 10:30 odprawiona zostanie Msza Sw. z okazji obchodow Dnia Sil Zbrojnych. Serdecznie zapraszamy do udzialu czlonkow organizacji weteranow, zolnierzy i ich rodziny. Imiona zolnierzy, ktorzy obecnie sluza w wojsku, a za ktorych pragniecie Panstwo sie modlic nalezy umiescic w formularzu dostepnym w kosciele lub przeslac na adres: firstname.lastname@example.org Po Mszy Sw. wszyscy chetni zaproszeni sa do Holu Parafialnego na drobny poczestunek.
Every first Sunday of the month St. Joseph’s Church St. is having a special mass for all the sick including blessing with the 1st class relic of Blessed John Paul II. Please come and join us on JUNE 2ND at 10:30 for this special celebration!
The Annual Mother's Day Geranium Sale sponsored by the Rosary Society will be held on Saturday, May 11, and Sunday, May 12 before and after all Masses. Geraniums in a variety of colors will be available at all Masses at a cost of $5 a pot.
Serdecznie zachecamy do zakupu kwiatow przed i po wszystkich weekendowych Mszach Sw. w dniach 11-go i 12-ego maja przed I po wszystkich Mszach Sw. Sprzedaz kwiatow zorganizowana zostala z okazji Dnia Matki. Akceptujemy gotowke oraz czeki wystawione na Rosary Society. Cena jednej doniczki to $5.
St. Joseph’s Church Honors Members of The Armed Forces
and Battleship New Jersey Veterans
St. Joseph’s History Society of St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic (Polish) Church, Camden, NJ will honor those who served on the Battleship New Jersey and active military personnel during the annual Armed Forces Day Mass at 10:30 AM on Sunday, May 19th, 2013.
For the past five years, the History Society has recognized the sacrifice of US service men and women in honor of Armed Forces Day. This year marks the 70th anniversary of the commissioning of the New Jersey on May 23rd, 1943 and special recognition will go to those who valiantly served on the battleship during over four decades of service.
As in the past, the names of active military personnel will be read aloud and remembered in prayer during Mass. Family and friends who wish to participate are invited to send the name and branch of service of loved ones in uniform to email@example.com.
The Battleship New Jersey, America’s most decorated Battleship, was decommissioned for the final time in 1991 and began service as a museum and memorial on the Delaware River in October 2001, becoming one of Camden’s most recognizable landmarks.
Just as the Battleship New Jersey remains today a proud symbol of the shared sacrifice of those who fought to defend our cherished freedoms, St. Joseph’s Church, founded in 1892, survives today as a living symbol of the sacrifice and toil of thousands of brave Polish immigrants who journeyed across a treacherous ocean and came to America seeking freedom and opportunity in the once mighty industrial City of Camden.
A reception will follow after Mass where information pertaining to the New Jersey will be on display, along with photographs and memorabilia of parishioners who have proudly served in the US Armed Forces over the past 100 years.
435 Parish members served in WW2. A banner was raised and dedicated in honor of those who served on August 30, 1942.
For more information, contact Grant Wilinski at 609-965-2614 or firstname.lastname@example.org. St. Joseph’s Church is located at 10th and Mechanic Sts. Camden, NJ. 08104.
Our church would like to thank all volunteers and parishioners who devote their time and talents to our Church by inviting them to a special Appreciation Dinner scheduled for May 25 after 4 o’clock Mass at 5:00 in a Lower Parish Hall. If you are interested in attending please sign your name and number of attending guests on a sheet provided by the Church door.
Please support Our Church by remembering us in your Will….