The Most Holy Trinity Sunday
May 26th, 2013
MASS INTENTIONS & MASS SCHEDULE
INTENCJE MSZALNE I PLAN MSZY
MAY 25 SATURDAY / SOBOTA
4 PM Sophia Schultz req. by Patricia Schultz
Carol Alvord req. by Lillian & Richard Rudd
MAY 26 SUNDAY / NIEDZIELA
9:00 Milosierdziu Bozemu polacamy dusze zmarlych proszac dla Nich o wieczna radosc: Helgii i Ignacego Matyszok, oraz Stanislawa, Marii i Filipa Gabrys na prosne Genowefy i Stanislawa Piszczek.
10:30 Adolph F. Lubas req. by Sue Carr and Family
Josephine Dembowska req. by Daughter Theresa and Grandson Joseph
MAY 27 MONDAY / PONIEDZIALEK
9:00 No morning Mass
MAY 28 TUESDAY / WTOREK
9:00 No morning Mass
MAY 29 WEDNESDAY / SRODA
9:00 Stanley & Sophie Kryza req. by Daughter
MAY 30 THURSDAY / CZWARTEK
9:00 Ronald Krygiel req. by Mr. & Mrs. Gene Polanski
Larry Campanella Sr. req. by John Uecker
MAY 31 FRIDAY / PIATEK
9:00 Katarzyna Tomaso Tonia req. by Mieczyslaw and Zofia Tonia
JUNE 1 SATURDAY / SOBOTA
4 PM Jennie Schemanski req. by Patricia Schultz
Eleanore Puryear req. by Melanie Tureck
JUNE 2 SUNDAY / NIEDZIELA
CORPUS CHRISTI—BOZE CIALO
9:00 Franciszek Dziedzic req. by the Radon Family
Prosba o Zdrowie dla Eugenii Szymanskiej req. by the Family
10:30 Living and Deceased Members of the Rosary Society
If you are ill and wish to be added to the sick list please call the rectory.
We ask God’s blessing for the strengthening & healing of our sick & homebound. Please pray for: Christian Clopp, Harry Corn, Kazimiera Olejnik, Eleanor Tureck, Walter Lyskiewicz, Ira & Betty Whittle, Baby John Harshaw III, Ted Balabuch and his Daughter Kristen Balabuch, Helen Gardygajlo, Irene Talarowski, Jeanette Dudek, Joseph Wilke, Lorraine Jablonski, Doris Wood, Doris Slanery, Joseph Kwiatkowski and Priscilla DiAngelo.
Please pray for the Deceased & their Families: Zbigniew Domzall, Helen Starr, Mieczyslaw Szczech, John Lack, Stanley Jaskiewicz, Lucille Szwack, Maryann Gardygajlo, Rita Kryza, Stanley Zandlo, Wanda Laczynski, Barbara H. Thoms
House of Charity Annual Bishop Appeal Campaign has begun. We thank you in advance for all your efforts to make this a successful endeavor as we strive to help those who are less fortunate than us. Our goal this year is $13,000. We are asking everyone to please support this goal generously. Thank you.
PARISH NEWS - WIADOMOSCI PARAFIALNE
· Stand Down of South Jersey—As in the past, Saint Joseph’s History Society is supporting Stand Down of South Jersey in assisting homeless veterans. The Stand Down currently needs new men’s underwear (all sizes), gently used sweaters and winter coats. The clothing collection box will be in the vestibule from April 21 through June 2. Monetary contributions are also welcome. Checks can be made payable to Stand Down of South Jersey, INC. and placed in the collection basket during Mass.
· Memorial Mass will be celebrated at St. Joseph’s Cemetery in Chews Landing on May 27, 2013 at 10AM.
· Msza z okazji Dnia Pamieci odbedzie sie na cmentarzu w Chews Landing w dniu 27-ego maja o godz. 10.00.
· The month of June is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. On Sunday, June 9, Mass at 10:30 a.m. will be offered for living and deceased members of the Sacred Heart Society. The Litany of the Sacred Heart will be recited at 10:15 a.m. prior to Mass. All members are asked to attend and wear their medals. If anyone is interested in becoming a member, please call Susan at 856-547-8583 by June 5th. Thank you.
· The Sacred Heart Society is sponsoring a bus trip to the Baltimore Basilica on Saturday, June 29. The bus will depart at 8:00 a.m. with an approximate return by 5:00 p.m. The cost of the bus is $30. Lunch to be paid on your own at the Olive Garden on the return trip home. Please contact Connie at 856-456-9120 for reservations. More information will follow.
· The Rosary will be recited on Sunday, June 2 before High Mass at 10:30.
· Rozaniec bedzie odmawiany przed Msza Sw. o godz. 10:30 w dniu 2-ego czerwca.
· The next Parish Council is taking place on June 6th, at 7 p.m.
· Nastepne posiedzenie Rady Parafialnej odbedzie sie w dniu 6-ego czerwca o godz. 19-ej.
· Corpus Christi Mass with procession is held on June 2nd.
· Msza i procesja z okazji Bozego Ciala odbedzie w dniu 2-ego czerwca 2012.
· Annual Brazilian Collection is taking place on June 9th,.
· W dniu 9-ego czerwca druga kolekta przeznaczona jest na misje w Brazylii.
Every first Sunday of the month St. Joseph’s Church St. is having a special mass for all the sick including blessing with the 1st class relic of Blessed John Paul II. Please come and join us on JUNE 2ND at 10:30 for this special celebration!
June 7 - Sacred Heart of Jesus. The image of Jesus with his heart exposed in unquenchable flame is a reminder of his intense and eternal love for us.
June 8 – Immaculate Heart of Mary (1945). In response to the request made by Our Lady of Fatima, Pope Pius XII consecrated the world to Mary’s gentle and devout Immaculate Heart in 1942, and initiated this feast in 1945.
June 21 – St. Aloysius Gonzaga (1591). St. Aloysius prayed vigorously and fasted from age 7. Upon joining the Society of Jesus, he was ordered to reduce the severity of his penance in order to study and spend time with other students. He died at the age of 23 while nursing the sick.
June 28 – St. Irenaeus (220). As bishop of Lyons, Irenaeus investigated and disproved assertions of the Gnostics who claimed secret knowledge imparted by Jesus to select disciples. In great service to the Church, Irenaeus clarified Church teaching and gradually ended the influence of the Gnostics.
Is it okay to skip Mass once in a while?
If we remember that Jesus is truly present during Mass – as present as he was to his apostles during the Last Supper – we would never want to miss Mass. Unless absence is unavoidable, we have the command of God and the command of the Church to attend Mass each Sunday and Holy Day of Obligation.
The command of God: The Third Commandment says, “Remember the Sabbath day—keep it holy” (Exodus 20:8). Jesus instituted Mass at the Last Supper when he took the bread and wine and turned it into his body and blood and said, “Do this in memory of me” (Luke 22:19).
The command of the Church: “And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church” (Matthew 16:18). Jesus made Peter the first pope and the head of the Church. The pope speaks for Christ, and the Church through the Catechism of the Catholic Church (#2180) requires that we attend Mass every Sunday.
When Jesus and the Church tell us to do something, we really should do it.
Please support Our Church by remembering us in your Will….