SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
OCT. 28th 2012
MASS INTENTIONS & MASS SCHEDULE
INTENCJE MSZALNE I PLAN MSZY
4 PM In Honor of Saint Jude req. by Betty Blake
Mary & David Hughes req. by Bryant Family
OCTOBER 28 SUNDAY / NIEDZIELA
9:00 Irena Szczech 4th Anniversary req. by Husband and Family
10:30 Helen Nichols req. by Pat & John Kwoka
Joseph Gorski req. by Rosary Society
OCTOBER 29 MONDAY / PONIEDZIALEK
9:00 No morning Mass
OCTOBER 30 TUESDAY / WTOREK
9:00 No morning Mass
OCTOBER 31 WEDNESDAY / SRODA
9:00 Parishioners & Benefactors
NOVEMBER 1 THURSDAY/ CZWARTEK ALL SAINTS
9:00 All Saints
NOVEMBER 2 FIRST FRIDAY / PIERWSZY PIATEK
ALL SOULS’ DAY
9:00 Living & Deceased Members of Sacred Heart Society
Edward Bak req. by the Bak Family
NOVEMBER 3 SATURDAY / SOBOTA
4 PM Stella Waida req. by The Bak Family
Ian Moore req. by the Schaal Family
NOVEMBER 4 SUNDAY / NIEDZIELA
9:00 Edward & Lillian Wasilewski req. by John Wasilewski
10:30 Living & Deceased Members of Rosary Society
Sanctuary Lamp in memory of Mary & David Hughes req. by The Bryant Family
If you are ill and wish to be added to the sick list please call the rectory.
We ask God’s blessing for the strengthening & healing of our sick & homebound. Please pray for: Helen Kwoka, Christian Clopp, Michelle Zaremba, Harry Corn, Kazimiera Olejnik, Eleanor Tureck, Walter Lyskiewicz, Ira & Betty Whittle, Baby John Harshaw III, Ted Balabuch and his Daughter Kristen Balabuch, Helen Gardygajlo, Kathy Dominik, Irene Talarowski &Jeanette Dudek.
Please pray for the Deceased & their Families: Genevieve Hajduk, Daniel Ciechanowski, Helen Nichols, Joseph Gorski, Ronald Banasiak, T. Soltys, Frank Kwoka,
Christos Kolioutas, Blanche Vogt, Barbara H. Thomas.
The Sacred Heart Society is sponsoring the Holiday Shopping Spree Raffle for chances to win a Visa Gift Card. 1st Prize - $200; 2nd Prize - $150; and 3rd Prize - $100. Tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5 and will be available after Masses and at the rectory. The drawing will be held on Sun. November 18, 2012 after the 10:30 Mass. Please consider taking a few extra tickets to distribute with other family members, friends and co-workers. Thank you for your support.
Honorable Dana L. Redd, Mayor of Camden issued a proclamation in honor of our Anniversary. Unfortunately, it arrived to late to be put into our ad book. We felt that it was appropriate to mention this paragraph included in it saying: “… as church historian Paul Zachary wrote ‘a church does not age as mankind does. A church measures its span of time, instead, by the continuous bringing of souls closer to God through the graces of the Holy Sacraments, the spiritual services it renders, the cultural developments it foster, the social progress it encourages and supports and heritage it passes on to the future generations;...”
We would like to thank everyone for their effort in making Saint Joseph’s 120 anniversary celebrations a success! Due to a joint effort of many, we were able to organize an event which will stay in our memories for a long, long time. A great turn up in church and at luncheon proves how much Saint Joseph’s friends and parishioners care about it. We extend our sincere thanks to all of you who donated time, energy and funds to make this event a resounding success. We invite you to come back time and time again to continue to celebrate our Polish heritage and support our church for the next one hundred and twenty years.
Saint Joseph’s History Society of South Camden proudly offers a 120th Anniversary pewter ornament for only $20. Ornaments can be purchased in church following the 10:30 AM Mass each Sunday.
1. Parish Breakfast—The next parish breakfast is scheduled for Nov. 11 after Masses.
2. Sniadanie parafialne—Nastepne planowane sniadanie odbedzie sie w dniu 11-ego listopada po Mszach Sw.
3. The Auxiliary of St. Mary’s Catholic Homes in Cherry Hill, NJ, is looking to expand its membership. The Auxiliary meets on the third Tuesday of each month, September through May for short meeting and luncheon. It is the goal and purpose of the Auxiliary to raise funds to be used for the comfort and entertainment of those who reside in the Nursing Home & Manor. It is a truly rewarding experience! Won’t you join us? Contact Anne Kennedy at 856-663-3716.
4. The National Song and Dance Ensemble of Poland “Slask” is coming to Philadelphia on Nov. 1, 2012 at 7:30 p.m. at Father Judge School Auditorium 3301 Solly Ave, Northeast Phila, PA 19136. Tickets are available from Polish American Cultural Center: 215 922-1700.
5. The Commemoration of all the Faithful Departed (All Souls) is coming up. We will hold nine Masses for All Souls. If you wish to remember, at all the Masses a deceased loved one, there are envelopes available by the door. Please take one, fill in a name of a person to be remembered and return the envelope before All Souls.
6. W miesiacu listopadzie odbedzie sie 9 Mszy za Wszystkich Zmarlych. Prosimy o wpisywanie intencji na specjalnych kopertach “All Souls”, ktore otrzymaliscie panstwo poczta, i ktore dostepne sa w Kosciele przy drzwiach od ulicy Liberty. Prosimy o zwrot kopert poprzez wrzucenie ich do kosza na ofiare podczas Mszy Sw. lub poczta.
7. On Nov. 11 at 10:30 we will celebrate a Mass for all those burried from our church last year. Please come and join us.
8. W dniu 11-ego listopada o godz. 10:30 odbedzie sie Msza Swieta za wszystkich zmarlych pochowanych z naszego Kosciola w ciagu roku. Serdecznie zapraszamy parafian, bliskich zmarlych i przyjaciol do uczestnictwa.
9. Parish Council & Restoration Committee are meeting on Nov. 8 at 7 pm.
10. Rada Parafialna oraz Komitet Restauracyjny kosciola spotykaja sie 8-ego listopada o godz. 19.00.
11. On First Friday, Nov. 2, 2012 we will be reciting the Sacred Heart Litany after Mass at 9:00 with exposition of the Blessed Sacrament.
12. W Pierwszy piatek miesiaca czyli 2-ego listopada 2012 nastapi wystawienie Najswietszego Sakramentu oraz odmowienie Litanii do Najswietszego Serca Jezusowego.
· The rosary will be said before 10:30 Mass on Nov. 4th.
· W dniu 4-ego listopada zostanie odmowiony rozaniec przed Msza Sw. o godz. 10:30.
· On Nov. 4th will have a yearly Mass for All Souls at Cemetery in Chews Landing at 1PM.
· W dniu 4-ego listopada odbedzie sie doroczna Msza Sw. za Dusze Zmarlych na naszym cementarzu w Chews Landing o godz. 13.00.
St. Joseph’s South Camden N.J.120 Year Anniversary - Pre-Mass
St. Lucia choir under the direction of organist Grant Wilinski sing Adoramus Te and Bogurodzica Dziewica - Mother of God. It is the oldest Polish hymn composed somewhere between the 10th and 13th centuries.
Polish knights sang it as an anthem before the Battle of Grunwald and during the battle with the Turkish army at Varna in 1444. Bogurodzica also accompanied the coronation ceremonies of the first Jagiellonian kings.
Welcome remarks in English by Marissa Wisniewski and Grazyna Allen in Polish.
Processional Hymn Praise Ye The Lord